These Breakfast Pan Potatoes use very little oil, and taste great with our Tofu Scramble! Check it out:
- Yellow/Yukon Gold potatoes, baby or fingerling are best. Portioned per the number of folks eating.
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil (coconut or avocado)
- Thyme and salt and pepper to taste
- Parboil potatoes (approximately 5 minutes; a fork should pierce easily while the potatoes should still be firm)
- While potatoes are cooking, heat oil in a large non- stick or cast iron skillet on medium
- Add onion and sauté until soft (about 5m)
- Drain potatoes and add to pan (if making tofu scramble, reserve a cup of the potato water)
- Turn up heat and stir in spices.
- Cook, stirring occasionally so that potatoes get some good crisp and colour.
- Adjust spices as necessary.
Tip: keeping the pan covered for the last few minutes while they cook will keep the potatoes moist.
Variation: if you want to sneak some turmeric into your diet (and you should), add 1/2 – 1 teaspoon to water when parboiling.