We’re always on the hunt for a great veggie burger, and this one definitely delivers! They are juicy, chunky, and packed with veggies! They’re not only delicious, but packed with healthy plant protein and B vitamins. Top them with pesto, tomatoes, avocado, kale, sprouts, cabbage, arugula… whatever you like! You’ll want to make these again and again. Turn them into into a meal with a salad and some yummy baked fries.
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Makes: 8-10 patties
- 3 flax eggs (tbsp flax seeds, ground, added to 1/2 cup water)
- 2 cups black beans
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms, diced
- 1 cup of broccoli, chopped
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 tbsp Bragg’s
- 1/3 cup Panko crumbs
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- Avocado oil (for cooking)
- Make your flax eggs: Mix ground flax seeds with water, put in fridge and let gel for at least 15 minutes
- Roughly mash your beans (and remember, we like homemade beans more than canned)
- Mix in mushrooms, broccoli, carrot, shallots, garlic, and Bragg’s
- Mix in Panko, bread crumbs, and nutritional yeast
- Mix in flax eggs
- Check consistency. If mixture is not “gluey” enough for patties, make adjustments such as a touch of water or a bit of flour (spelt or chick pea if you ain’t the gluten type) until it holds together.
- Form patties and cook in a medium hot pan in the avocado oil for 4-5 minutes per side.
- Top with your favorite condiments and whatever else floats your boat: arugula, avocado, tomatoes, sprouts, cabbages (purple, Chinese, kale), red onion, grated carrot, etc.