Imagine a delicious cookie that is naturally vegan and free of gluten and soy, with no substitutions required. These heavenly flourless vegan double chocolate cookies combine chickpeas, chocolate, and nut butter, and can be ready in just minutes! The hardest part? Deciding which nut butter to use…
Preparation: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 10 minutes
- 1 can chickpeas (rinsed and dried)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ c maple syrup (if you are vegan), raw or organic honey
- ¾ c natural nut butter (peanut or almond work well)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Dutch cocoa powder
- 1 c dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Rinse chickpeas and let dry.
- Add all ingredients (except chocolate chips) into a food processor.
- Process on high until smooth.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Form into 1” balls.
- Place onto baking sheet and lightly flatten.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy.
Store in the refrigerator or freezer for optimal freshness.
Latest posts by Cheryl Dowling (see all)
- Flourless Vegan Double Chocolate Cookies - March 16, 2015
- “Where Do You Get Your Protein?” Protein Sources For The Vegan Curious. - March 8, 2015