Jon Stewart and his wife Tracy are all over the Internets today with news that their 12-acre farm in New Jersey will become part of Farm Sanctuary, a nonprofit that helps rescue animals from factory farms.
Tracey, a vegan and a veterinary technician, recently published “Do Unto Animals: A Friendly Guide to How Animals Live, and How We Can Make Their Lives Better.” Farm Sanctuary currently runs three other animal rescue facilities, two in California and one in New York. When it opens (the date has yet to be set), the Stewart’s farm will also include an education center.
- For more about the announcement, check out these articles on Buzzfeed and Yahoo.
- To get Tracy’s book, check out her online magazine Moomah.
- To learn more about Farm Sanctuary, check out their Twitter and Facebook accounts.
Latest posts by Live Well, Live Green (see all)
- Wendy’s Expanding Availability of Vegan-Friendly Veggie Burger - February 12, 2016
- From Satire to Sanctuary: Jon & Tracy Stewart’s Farm Rescue - October 27, 2015
- New Program Prescribes Fruit and Vegetables Instead of Drugs - July 31, 2015