This simple veggie sandwich is one of my favorite go-to lunch choices. It’s packed with veggies, healthy fats and it’s filling without making you feel overly full or sluggish.
- Good quality baguette or sprouted grain bread
- Half an avocado
- 1 tablespoon hummus
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- mixed greens
- 1/2 carrot grated
- 1/2 small beet grated
- 1 handful alfalfa sprouts
There are unlimited variations, but the basic recipe is to use good quality sprouted grain or whole wheat bread, toasted or not (your choice) and spread one side with avocado, and the other side with hummus of your choice. I’ve used many different types of hummus, and they all work. Then you can be creative. I like to use lot’s of greens of all different types like arugula, mixed greens, kale, spinach, whatever you like. Then grate some carrot and beet. Grate the carrot first, as the beet juice will stain the carrots, making them look like a pink drippy mess. Then layer the remaining ingredients ending with the sprouts, and a little sea salt and pepper to taste.
Put it together and enjoy!
Latest posts by Michaela Bentley (see all)
- How I Cured Chronic Anxiety Through Meditation and Yoga - January 10, 2016
- 10 Practical Steps to Finding Your Dharma - August 30, 2015
- How to Make Delicious, Healthy Sushi Bowls - July 26, 2015