One of the few things I miss from before going plant-based, is a nice big salad with goat cheese sprinkled on top. Here’s our salad with vegan cheese (nut cheese) instead, and tahini to replace the oil in the dressing. It’s both vegan and oil free without sacrificing any of the flavor, and it’s packed with nutrients. Simple and delicious!
- 6 cups spring mix
- 2 cups Arugula
- 1 cup sunflower sprouts
- 3/4 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup nut cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Tahini
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- Whisk all dressing ingredients in a small bowl with a fork.
- Make nut cheese in blender or food processor (see recipe linked above)
- Add all remaining salad ingredients to a bowl and toss evenly with the dressing
- Sprinkle nut cheese in small dollops over top.
Latest posts by Michaela Bentley (see all)
- How I Cured Chronic Anxiety Through Meditation and Yoga - January 10, 2016
- 10 Practical Steps to Finding Your Dharma - August 30, 2015
- How to Make Delicious, Healthy Sushi Bowls - July 26, 2015