Want to write for Live Well, Live Green? We’d love to hear from you!
- We’re looking for fresh insight on topics ranging from going vegan or plant-based to articles on health and fitness, yoga, meditation, family, and relationships, and tips and advice to help guide people on the path to healthy living. As well, if you’re a food blogger, we’re always looking for great raw, vegan, or plant-based recipes!
How to do it
- Fill out the form below and tell us a little about yourself and what you want to write about. One of our editors will be in touch from there, typically via email.
- From there, we will likely set you up with a contributor account that you can use to submit the draft of your article and any media that goes with it. You can also submit articles via email.
- Along with your first submission, please include a short bio (under 100 words) with any links to your blog, website, social profiles.
- Live Well, Live Green is built on WordPress, so if you upload an avatar/photo to the Gravatar website, that avatar will automagically get pulled into your author profile.
- You can accompany any article with (royalty-free) images if you wish, but please note that we may opt to use a different image. Please provide image credits whenever possible.
- The exception to the above is for recipes. For recipe submissions please include several good quality photos of the completed dish.
- Our preferred length for articles is 800 or so words. We will consider longer pieces if it’s something that really resonates. Shorter pieces are fine as well (though not too short, please).
Original content only
- Because of Google’s parameters around (and penalties for) reposting articles on multiple sites, we only consider original pieces that have not been published elsewhere. This includes your own blog.
- That said, we understand that all of us are working toward gaining an audience and increased traction across various platforms and, as such, we are happy to have you provide links back to your site and to display your social links.
- As well, while we will consider review articles (of products, courses, etc.), please don’t submit advertorials or other promotional pieces.
- Please provide your sources and links for or any claims or references.
Style and editing
- For any article being considered, we will edit it to correspond with the tone, style, and ethos of Live Well, Live green.
- Before submitting anything, please have a look around the site to get a feel for our tone and ethos.
- You will be able to review and approve edits before anything goes live.
- Use subtitles! We like for our readers to easily absorb our articles. Subtitles are a great way of doing this. Try to use several in a typical 800-word article. Listicles (and we loves us our listicles!) should have a boldable lead-in for each entry.
- We will be more than happy for you to promote your Live Well, Live Green contribution(s) on your own site and across your social circles. The more traction it gets, the better for all of us!
- At this juncture, Live Well, Live Green does not pay for content.
- While we will strive to ensure that nothing slanderous or libelous is posted on Live Well, Live Green, please note that you will be responsible for any content bearing your byline. Please review our Terms & Conditions for full details.
- By agreeing to have Live Well, Live Green publish your article(s), you agree to give us usage rights, per our Terms & Conditions.
To get the ball rolling, please get in touch with us using the form below:
* Indicates required